With almost 90,000 alumni, ParisTech has a network of former students which extends across all sectors and all areas of the world. 13 countries have their own ParisTech alumni group, and 8 subject-specific groups have also been created (business, innovation, energy, finance, etc.).
Graduates from ParisTech can be found in all sectors of business and industry, often in key positions within international companies.
Some notable examples include:
- Béatrice Foucher, DS automobiles brand CEO (group Stellantis) - AgroParisTech
- Jean-Marc Chéry, CEO STMIcroelectronics - Arts et Métiers
- Jean-Philippe Puig, CEO, Avril - Chimie ParisTech - PSL
- Christelle Heydemann, CEO Orange - Ecole des Ponts ParisTech
- Eric Carreel, CEO Withings - ESPCI Paris - PSL
- Nicolas Brusson, CEO Blablacar - Institut d'Optique Graduate School
- Jean-Laurent Bonnafé, CEO BNP Paribas – Mines Paris - PSL
Teaching and research at the ParisTech graduate schools is geared towards entrepreneurship and innovation. This culture contributes to the emergence of the innovative companies of the future.
Some start-ups created by ParisTech alumni:
- Deezer: founded in 2007 by Jonathan Benassaya – Arts & Métiers
- Expliseat, manufacturer of ultra-light (4 kg) titanium aircraft seats: founded in 2011 by Jean-Charles Samuelian – Ecole des Ponts ParisTech
- SuperSonic Imagine, the medical imaging company behind the Aixplorer ultrasound technology which is 200 times faster than conventional ultrasound systems: founded in 2005 by Jérémy Bercoff – ESPCI Paris - PSL
- BlaBlaCar: founded in 2006 by Nicolas Brusson – Institut d’Optique Graduate School