China admission programme
Enhance your career prospects: ParisTech encourages bright, ambitious students to apply for a “Diplôme d’ingénieur” (Master’s degree in Science and Engineering) at the most prestigious French Grandes Ecoles (engineering graduate schools), a unique opportunity for an international career, or for pursuing a PhD.
This admission program, called the “9+9 program” in China, allows you to candidate simultaneously to 7 of ParisTech schools for admission into a 2-year education program at master level (“Diplôme d’ingénieur”).
ParisTech Grandes Écoles in the 9+9 international program:
- Arts et Métiers Sciences et Technologies
- Chimie ParisTech - PSL
- École des Ponts ParisTech
- ESPCI Paris - PSL
- Institut d'Optique Graduate School
- MINES ParisTech - PSL
Agricultural engineering - applied mathematics – automatics Bioengineering & biophysics Chemistry - chemical engineering – civil engineering - computational biology - computer science Data science Earth sciences - economics & social sciences - environmental engineering - electrical, electronic & photonic engineering - energy & nuclear engineering - executive engineering Finance – food engineering - forest engineering Industrial & production engineering - information technology & telecommunications Life sciences Management - materials science & engineering - mechanical engineering Neuro-science Optical sciences – offshore engineering Physics Renewable energy - robotics Statistics Transport Urban planning
Please note that the ParisTech China Admission Program is open to students with a bachelor degree from any university in China (partner or non-partner university). For students from Hong Kong and Macau, please refer to this page for application.
- You are required to have successfully completed at least 6 semesters of a Bachelor’s degree in Science, in Engineering or in Economics (with a strong background in Mathematics) at your home university by September 2021.
- We strongly recommend that you have excellent academic records (GPAs above 80, ranking among the first 20% students of your class). Your level in mathematics and physics should be excellent. Proficiency in courses that are significant in the domain you apply for, is also highly recommended.
- You should have good command of written and spoken English, or good command of written and spoken French.
The admission program is a 4-step process: online application, scientific test, interview, admission by a ParisTech school. Some schools might add a 5th step (scientific interview, after the interview and before the admission). Each step should be satisfactorily completed to move on to the next one.
For students from partner universities, you may need to contact the International Office of your home university to inform them about your application.
Step 1- Application
Submit your online application form to ParisTech before September 21, 2021
List of required documents for application:
- Copy of passport or other identification document,
- An identity photo,
- A resume (2 pages max.),
- An original transcript of your records translated in English and certified by your University,
- Official ranking certificates, translated in English, stating the total number of students in your department or in the field of specialization,
- Professional project letter: a statement of purpose outlining your intended career project after completion of your degree at ParisTech,
- Foreign language certificates when available, at least in English.
- Two letters of recommendation are required.
Only complete applications, submitted before the deadline, will be considered.
Step 2- Selection procedure and scientific test
After review of the application files by the jury, eligible students will be asked to take an online scientific test, on September 28, 2021.
- Instructions to be read before the test (please read them before taking the test)
- Required Knowledge for the scientific test
- Sample test
Step 3- Interview
Candidates who successfully pass the test will be called to an interview.
Additional scientific interview for MINES ParisTech - PSL (compulsory) and other schools (upon request).
If you are successful in the interview, you will be invited to rank the ParisTech schools which are ready to admit you by preference. More information about ParisTech schools are available here.
Step 4- Admission
Last, by end of November you will be informed of the outcome of your application and to which ParisTech Grande École you have been admitted.
If you are not fluent in French, you should be ready to start learning French as soon as possible.
1 June 2021
Opening of on-line application
21 September 2021
24 September 2021
Same schedule plan as for the scientific test on September 28.
28 September 2021
|On-line scientific test|
Part I: 15:00 - 16:30 (Beijing time)Break: 16:30 - 17:00
Part II : 17:00 - 18:30
11-15 October 2021
End October – Beginning of November
|Scientific interview (if requested)|
19 November 2021
ParisTech Admission Board
20 November 2021
|Publication of admission results|
- Fees per ParisTech school for students admitted through the 9+9 program
DD and partner universities : 1765€ in the 2nd year / 4290€ in the 3rd year
Arts et Métiers Sciences et Technologies
DD : 0€
Chimie ParisTech - PSL
DD : 0€
individual applicants: 3570 € per year (1785 € per year for CSC scholarships recipients)
Ecole des Ponts ParisTech
3150 € (tuition) + 975€ (fees) per year
ESPCI Paris - PSL
individual applicants: 150 €
Institut d’Optique Graduate School
|2900 € per year (the regular rate for non-European students is 5000 € per year)|
|MINES ParisTech - PSL|
3500 € per year for individual applicants.
*Index 2019-2020. Tuition fees and others are subject to annual review
Double degrees (DD): admitted students pay tuition fees at home university.
There is a fee waiver in public institutions for Eiffel and BGF scholarships recipients.
The full yearly training cost per student can amount up to €18,000, and is largely subsidized by the French government or the city of Paris (for ESPCI Paris – PSL).
- Living costs*: about 800 €/month in Paris
- Overseas travel expenses*: 1000 €
*Please note that the living cost and the overseas travel expenses are just indicative and may vary depending on students.
To cover living and travel costs, students are strongly encouraged to apply for funding schemes provided either by the French or the Chinese Governments, especially through the Eiffel or the CSC-ParisTech scholarship programs. Additional scholarships may be granted by industrial sponsors or by the foundations of ParisTech Grandes Écoles.
During their stay at ParisTech schools, students have compulsory internships. Most internships are paid, allowing students to benefit from another source of income.
Long-term students visa also allows them to work part-time during their studies. Last, students can benefit from housing allowance from the French government.
To learn more: Our help desk
For general information: email@example.com
Inquiries for a specific School should be sent to the relevant School's coordinator of student's international mobility.