Smart Cities Engineering and Management (AM)
Advantage of the programme :
A complete training:
- A sandwich course leading to a diploma offered by the association of two Grandes Ecoles: École des Ponts ParisTech and École des Ingénieurs de la Ville de Paris.
- Interdisciplinary complementarity with engineering schools and human and social sciences
- A complete training in Design Thinking preparing for the job of city planner
- Learning collaborative tools and innovative methodologies
- A systemic vision of the city
- Inculcation of an innovative and collaborative approach
- International dimension
- The close partnership with sector professionals
- The experience and diversity of participants who represent the different actors in the sector
- A degree program of work-study alternation, provided by a partnership of Grandes Écoles.
- The Advanced Master is part of the selection of the Best Student Advanced Masters (selection of 150 AM out of more than 400 existing AM in France).
In response to their energy, environmental, and demographic challenges, cities are experiencing a growing level of dysfunction: dehumanization, congestion, risk of shortages of all kinds (energy poverty, poor housing, pollution…). Governments around the world are therefore looking for innovative urbanistic solutions. However, these solutions can only be devised by professionals with a grasp of the big specialties of urban development, and their interactions.
The purpose of the program is to provide the means of acquiring a combination of skills essential to specialists with these much sought-after profiles.
The goal of this MS, in partnership with École des Ingénieurs de la Ville de Paris (EIVP), is to train experts in “urban interior design”, capable of developing integrated systems and of supporting innovative Smart City projects all around the world: smart, sustainable, digital, attractive cities, parsimonious in their use of resources and carbon, at scales from a single neighborhood to a wider territory.
This MS is an opportunity to develop know-how in the design of interdependent urban systems associated with the big functions of the city: transportation, construction, service provision, communication, sharing…
Teaching language: French