Modeling, Optimization, Decision, Organization - MODO
Advantage of the programme :
At the end of this course, students will have acquired the following knowledge and skills:
- Good knowledge of the modelling of optimisation and decision-making software, algorithms, concepts and processes
- The ability to define a research problem and devise solutions
- The skills required to implement decision-making tools and methods within organisations
The course aims to equip students with a sound understanding of the concepts and tools related to decision-making and operations research in the broadest sense, as well as with knowledge of the associated computer technologies.
The key topics covered are modelling, fundamental results, methods and algorithms, and the conditions for implementing these within organisations.
It is a research-based master’s programme which opens the door to both professional and academic opportunities. The course focuses on developing students’ abilities to engage in abstract reasoning and critical thinking, to define problem statements, and to devise and/or adapt solutions. Whether students aspire to an academic career or wish to enter the world of business, these are all essential skills.
Graduates from this master’s course will find themselves especially suited to positions in:
- Operational departments of companies (decision-making or operations research, IT, organisation, etc.)
- Design and consultancy firms
- Research and planning departments of public administrations
- Public or private research centres
- Public or private higher education institutions
Courses: Modelling, Optimisation, Decision-Making and Organisation (MODO)
Language of teaching: French